A bowl of wholegrain jumbo oats, cooked to perfection in skimmed milk, is porridge with sugar, a healthy and delicious option available on McDonald’s breakfast menu in the United Kingdom, except in Northern Ireland. These succulent oats, submerged in thick semi-skimmed milk combined with sugar, are a nutritious and salutary food option.
Porridge & Sugar and Milk Ingredients
- British Organic Semi-Skimmed Milk
- Wholegrain Jumbo Oats
McDonald’s Porridge & Sugar Nutritional Report
|Percentage Reference Intake
|Of which saturated (g)
|Of which Sugar (g)
McDonald’s Porridge with Sugar Recipe
As we have discussed in other topics, making porridge with sugar is possible with ingredients like semi-skimmed or organic milk, Sugar stick, and wholegrain Jumbo oats. With the help of these components, one can easily make a healthy porridge that tastes identical to the one available at McDonald’s UK branches.
How to make Porridge with Milk and Sugar?
- The first step is mixing jumbo oats and organic milk in a bowl. In case, you do not have access to organic milk, add semi-skimmed powdered milk and water to that bowl.
- With the help of a spoon, swirl the oats in the milk so that they are properly coated with milk.
- Now, put this full bowl of milk and oats mixture on the stove and apply medium heat to it.
- Let the mixture boil and keep stirring it after a regular time span. This is done to ensure the fluffy oats because of their soft texture and hot bowl do not stick to it.
- Once you have confirmed that oats are properly cooked and absorbed the milk to their extent. Turn off the stove and leave the bowl to cool down the mixture inside it.
- Now, after a slight cooling, take out this porridge in a cup and add a tablespoon of sugar on top of it. You may add more or less sugar according to your choice and preference.
- Now, savour or serve it.
Our Review of Sugar with Porridge
The shaggy wholegrain oats, drenched in thick milk, are served with a sugar pack. This sugar package and porridge cup are good food items to eat for people who are always in a hurry and looking for a quick meal.
Sugar adds the essential sweetness and sugary flavour to the porridge. From the sugar packet, you may add the amount according to your preference. These soft, filled oats give a creamy and succulent flavour to your mouth and satisfy your little cravings in the morning.